- The term Game-Fi（gamified finance）can be traced back to 2019, when Mary Ma, chief strategy officer of MixMarvel, first proposed the concept of "integrating financial elements into games". After her mention, games are not pure entertainment anymore.
- The development of gamified finance has become more common and globalised in recent years. In October 2021, blockchain game company Axie Infinity completed a Series B funding round, raising US$152 million and has accumulated revenue of US$1.35 billion so far.
- According to the statistics provided by blockchain game platform service provider Blockchaingamer, the total investment in Game-Fi has exceeded US$2.5 billion at the moment.
- According to Dapp data tracking platform DappRadar and Blockchain Game Alliance (BGA), the total investment in 2022 will reach US$10 billion.
- Statistics of the Digital Report 2020 global report show that there are a total of more than 3.5 billion gamers across the globe, while the average daily gaming time is 1 hour and 10 minutes. Hong Kong ranks 18th in the world (55 minutes), compared with Japan (27 minutes), which ranks 42nd.
- Using STEPN as an example, players only need to buy a pair of digital asset sneakers (about US$1,000 to US$1,200) and they can earn about US$60 a day. All calculations are based on the gamers' stamina and in-game digital currency every day.
Please download the photos here： https://bit.ly/Guild_22
About Guild 22
Game-Fi has become very popular in recent years. Guild 22, officially established in December 2021, consists of a team of experts boasting in-depth knowledge and background in cryptocurrencies and finance, and a group of passionate young video game players. The guild is different from its counterparts in Southeast Asian markets, as Guild 22 focuses more on players' level and automated fintech instead of blindly pursuing the number of gamers. Moving forward, Guild 22 will also continue to attract the younger generations to co-develop the blockchain and traditional gaming markets, and cooperate with the technical team to develop data analysis systems. It will also operate from the perspective of digital asset management and strive for the most profitable transactions.
Moreover, Guild 22 is planning to collaborate with local universities to launch a wide variety of activities in order to reach out to the younger generations. Apart from recruiting talented gamers, we hope to include people who are interested in the gaming market.
About Ronald Chiu
As one of the founders of Guild 22 and chairman of Pong Group, Ronald owns the PONGConnect Technology Innovation Industry. His innovation includes Beer Pong, an electronic scoring table. A pioneer of Hong Kong's Game-Fi and a dedicated mobile gamer, Ronald had a deep understanding of the traditional gaming model and gamified finance model. He is optimistic about the future of blockchain games and has made a seven-figure investment in Guild 22. In the future, he will multiply his investment, using Guild 22 to bring Hong Kong players to go abroad and learn more about the evolution and development of gamified finance and blockchain games.