TAIPEI, TAIWAN - Media OutReach - Jan 21, 2016 - According to the latest annual Global Salary Survey from leading specialist professional recruitment consultancy Robert Walters, Taiwan will remain a candidate-short market in 2016 despite signs of softening in the economy. The competition for talent will be particularly strong for areas that require niche expertise, such as software engineering and e-commerce.
Figures from the survey suggest that professionals moving jobs received an average 10-15% salary increase in 2015, rising to 18-22% for more senior positions due to the shortage of experienced candidates in the market. These trends are likely to continue in 2016.
John Winter, Country Manager, Robert Walters Taiwan, comments:
"We expect hiring levels will remain stable in 2016; top talent with solid technical expertise and strong soft skills will be the most sought after. Companies should strengthen their employer brand in order to attract the best professionals in the market. In areas where talent shortages are most acute, hiring managers should take a flexible approach and focus more on the growth potential of candidates and groom them internally."
Other key highlights for 2016
- As the finance function plays an increasingly important role in helping to improve business efficiency, professionals with solid financial expertise and business acumen will be highly sought after.
- Prospects for the IT and technology industries remain strong with a high demand for R&D specialists and software engineers as companies seek to capitalise on Taiwan's strong pool of technology talent.
- Sales and marketing professionals will expect to find more opportunities in the FMCG and consumer retail sectors; candidates with proven digital experience will be key hiring priorities as competition intensifies in the e-commerce space.
Notes to editors:
1. Established in 1985, Robert Walters is one of the world's leading specialist professional recruitment consultancies with offices spanning 24 countries and regions. The Taipei office specialises in placing candidates on a permanent basis in the following specialities: accounting & finance, banking & financial services, technology, and sales & marketing.
2. Compiled by our dedicated research division, the Salary Survey is based on an analysis of placements made across our network of offices and specialist disciplines during the course of 2015. Now in its seventeenth year, the Survey is used by employers, HR managers and employees for benchmarking salary levels within their industry.
3. The Robert Walters Salary Checker mobile app, designed for professionals to determine their own market rate, is available for free download via iTunes Store and Google Play Store.
4. For the latest updates on salaries, job and employment trends, please follow Robert Walters on LinkedIn.
Thông cáo báo chí trước đâyChi tiết hơn
29 September 2023
03 August 2023